Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it Spring?

Well, the clock changing has really tossed a wrench into my day. OK... it doesnt help to have picked up a sinus cold either. BUT, its currently 56 degrees here at Double Barrel, so you know what that means??? YUP! MUD! But.. Im really not complaining as the sun is shinning and it seems that it hasnt been out for at least a week.
Just thought Id share a picture or too. We set out the trail camera out back for a while. Was pretty shocked when I found this:
Now, Im not 100% sure if its a young wolf or a coyote. Our coyotes up here are pretty big. I did see what I thought was a coyote about 2 weeks prior to this picture being taken just down the road from us. I have only been seeing coyote scat in the road, but that certainly doesnt mean that this could be a wolf.
No matter if its a wolf or a coyote, it was grand seeing this one. Hopefully more trail camera pics will come along. Maybe will take it out to a differant area to see what kind of birds and other fur bearers might be about.
Im hearing tales of bear waking up, so who knows, maybe Ill find one of those on the camera.
No new lambs. But of course we are 'patiently' waiting. Lots more ewes to go. Once the ground dries up, more fencing can be done. I think the frost is pretty well out of the ground. We didnt have much to begin with. Road restrictions went up for the entire state this past Monday. I wonder if they will be on until May?
Here are some other trail cam pics. Ravens spend the winters here. They were enjoying the snacks. It really makes me think knowing that these birds (along with the Eagles) manage to last out the winters.
Of course, Artie has to get in on the deal too. You can see that he has really filled out in the year that he has been here. Good groceries go a long with with all the animals.





Artie has been doing a fantastic job of keeping the coyotes and wolves away from the sheep. Yeah... he usually ends up waking me up. But thats his job. I cant complain. Once in a while I do go out to listen to what he is barking at, and its usually some neighbor dog several miles away
Thats all I have for now. Need to get out and take more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment