Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Its now August! The summer has just flown by! Last week was the North St Louis County Fair, and yes, we survived. We entered 20 sheep and KJ and Jake showed 10 of them in the 4H section of the fair. Both are qualified for State and we go down later this month.
Jake will be showing a full Katahdin ewe we call Bert, and KJ will be showing a 3/4 Katahdin ewe called Carrot. Carrot is out of the ewe that KJ showed at the State Fair last year.

We had the top crossbred ewe at our fair, as well as having the Reserve Overall Ram.

The kids did well in 4H, too. Jake is going onto the State Dog show, with our Lab, Oshki, in 4 classes. Rally, Jumpers 1, Grad-Beginner Obedience, and Showmanship. He has lots of work to do between now and then. With school starting he will have to work harder to keep his grades going so he can play football, too. Jake also entered a pair of socks that he had made at a 4H meeting and eared a red on them.
KJ also entered a sewing project. He had made a camo hand muff to keep his hands warm while hunting. He earned a blue ribbon. KJ had also made 3 fishing lures in school last year. He finished them up over the summer and will be taking one of them down to the State Fair for the educational encampment. Im looking forward to seeing his improvements when we get down to the fair!
I made this "Doggone Bag" for a Relay for Life. I had alot of fun and learned a few things while making it. The more that I make the more I learn. Since this one had to go before the Fair, I entered one that I made for my Mom.


I told her to go pick out some material and I would make it. She picked out some really nice fabric and the bag turned out really well. I did some 'surprise' embroidery work on it for her. I wonder if she noticed it yet? =-)


















Im getting ready to do a couple tshirts for the 3 kids that are going to the Livestock weekend. Im chaparoning this trip. KJ and Jake and a gal from another club will be my 'charges' They kids all seemed to report to me anyway, so why not do it for real! Im not sure if Im looking forward to the 4H Hilton or not! lol
I have a couple more quick embroidery projects then will tackle the other 4 Doggone Bags!

1 comment: